I work currently as a Research Fellow in the Transdisciplinary Arts Studies unit (TAITE, former TAS & YoYo) at Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture. I have the title of the Docent in Aesthetics at the University of Helsinki from which I graduated as a Doctor of Philosophy in Dec 2015.
My research focuses on the intersection of urban environmental aesthetics, philosophy of the city, and philosophy of technology. My publications include journal articles published in Open Philosophy, Philosophical Inquiries, ESPES, Essays in Philosophy, and Behaviour & Information Technology and invited articles in edited volumes published by Routledge, Springer, and Oxford University Press. I have also edited special issues for Environmental Values, East Asian Journal of Philosophy, Contemporary Aesthetics, and Open Philosophy.
I have a special interest in finding out how philosophical and applied aesthetics can support human well-being, design practices, and environmental sustainability and thus contribute to better undestanding the complex challenges related to the contemporary forms of urbanization.
- 2019– Codirector, Philosophy of the City Research Group
- 2019– Affiliate Member, 4TU. Centre for Ethics and Technology (NL)
- 2022– Co-chair, Society for Philosophy of Technology Special Interest Group (SIG) on Maintenance and Philosophy of Technology (with Mark Thomas Young, Uni.Vienna)
- 2019–21 President, Finnish Society for Aesthetics
- 2019–21 Delegate, International Association of Aesthetics (IAA)
- 2018–20 HELSUS Postdoctoral Fellow, PI of a postdoctoral research project "Aesthetic Sustainability in Urban Transformations: Intergenerational Perspective to Creating Experiential Value” at the University of Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science HELSUS